B. Paul Jasiura
Paul has 30 years’ experience in commercial litigation (including bankruptcy and insolvency), real estate and corporate solicitor’s work — a significant portion of which has involved mining and forestry-sector issues. In recent years, he has acted in several complex commercial, real estate and land-development transactions for northern Ontario clients. Paul has appeared as an advocate before all levels of trial courts in Ontario as well as the Divisional Court and the Court of Appeal.
Paul also maintains a thriving corporate and commercial legal practice. He is an advocate for community members with disabilities and their families, and frequently advises parents of disabled children about their estate-planning needs. Paul proudly maintains his ties to the Polish community and serves many Polish-speaking clients in their native language.
- Past member of parish council and current head of Youth Ministry committee at St. Agnes Parish
- Past board member, Catholic Family Development Centre
- Past board member, Ogden East End Community Health Centre
- Past board member, Wesway Inc.
- Past board member, Community Support Services Council (Lutheran Community Care Centre), which addresses the funding for mentally disabled adults
- Served for several years on the Thunder Bay Family Law Liaison between Bench and Bar
- Former seminar leader (Corporate Law section) of the Bar Admission Course
- BA, English, Lakehead University, 1972
- LLB, University of Toronto, 1976
- Called to the bar in 1978
- Joined Weilers in 1978
- Partner since 1992
Direct Line: (807) 625-8881
Fax: (807) 623-4947