Brian A. Babcock
Brian has successfully practiced personal injury and commercial litigation, including employment law, municipal law and construction claims, for more than three decades. He has substantial experience in risk management, environmental issues and insurance claims and labour law including arbitrations and injunctions.
Brian’s clients range from entrepreneurial owner-operated businesses to multinational corporations. He is particularly adept at advising clients on planning to lessen exposure to lawsuits. Brian shifts easily between advising on shareholder disputes, contract interpretation, wrongful dismissal, asset recovery and debt collection cases.
Brian has appeared before all levels of the Ontario court, including the Court of Appeal. In today’s complex litigation arena, clients value both his abilities as a litigator in court and his commitment to finding out-of-courtroom solutions to disputes.
Brian is a frequent presenter at continuing legal education seminars, and a contributor to Thunder Bay Business magazine. He is a sessional lecturer at the Bora Laskin Faculty of Law at Lakehead University, teaching the upper year course in Remedies.
- Director, The Advocates' Society
- Former chair, Thunder Bay Chamber Of Commerce
- Honourary Member, Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce, awarded in 2015
- Council member, Ontario Bar Association
- Recognized in 2009 by the Thunder Bay Law Association for service to the community
- Served on the Waterfront Development Committee
- Active supporter, George Jeffrey Children’s Foundation
- LLB, Queen’s University, 1980
- Called to the bar in 1982
- Joined Weilers in 1990
- Partner since 1994
Direct Line: (807) 625-8889
Fax: (807) 623-4947