Environmental issues may impact business, municipalities, First Nations or property owners in many ways. Our team at Weilers has collectively decades of pro-active experience in preventative law - identifying and addressing issues before they become problems - as well as solving problems that our clients bring to us.
Our comprehensive range of services in the area of Environmental Law includes advice both on commercial transactions, and in the approval and enforcement process, including:
- review of jurisdictional issues
- risk assessment
- contract evaluation and drafting
- policy development and staff training
- advice on approvals and permits
- negotiations with government authorities and third parties
- appeals and judicial review of government approvals and orders
- the defence of environmental and natural resource regulatory prosecutions, and
- hearing representation.
Our lawyers have demonstrated success before:
- the Environmental Review Tribunal of Ontario
- Federal Environmental Review Officers
- the Ontario Courts, and
- the Federal Courts of Canada.