Nick’s practice focuses primarily on the areas of corporate, commercial and real estate law. He has acted for several types of private and public entities in a variety of complex commercial transactions, including financing and real estate development.
Nick is a seasoned litigator with extensive court experience in the Superior Court, Divisional Court and before the Ontario Mining and Lands Commissioner and Ontario Court of Justice. He has also appeared before administrative tribunals, such as the Labour Relations Board and the Ontario Energy Board. Before and during law school, Nick worked as a social worker with the Province of Alberta and Yukon Government.
Nick enjoys legal writing and has contributed, along with other lawyers of the firm, to published articles.
- Vice President, Thunder Bay International Baseball Association, host of the U-18 Baseball World Cup in September 2017
- BSw, Social Work, University of Calgary, 1997
- BA (Hons.), Criminology, University of Windsor, 1998
- LLB, University of Saskatchewan, 2003
- Called to the bar in 2004
- Joined Weilers as an articling student in 2003
- Partner since 2009
Direct Line: (807) 625-8883
Fax: (807) 623-4947