Victoria Methot is proud to have been born and raised in Thunder Bay. She attended Lakehead University for both her undergraduate studies and law school. She graduated from Political Science Pre-law with the Highest First Class Standing and from Bora Laskin Faculty of Law on the Dean’s List with first-class standing. Victoria has a range of legal experience and has worked as a legal caseworker and a legal assistant before being called to the Bar. She completed her Practice Placement at Kinna-aweya Legal Clinic as a part of Lakehead’s Integrated Practice Curriculum. In these roles she was exposed to various legal issues and areas of law including Residential Tenancy, Provincial Offences, Small Claims litigation, Income Maintenance and Security, Real Estate, and Wills and Estates. She has appeared before various courts and tribunals and has conducted numerous hearings.
From her education and diverse legal experience, she has honed strong legal research, oral advocacy, and writing skills. As a new addition to the Weilers team, she is excited to focus her practice in the areas of Real Estate and Wills and Estates.
Outside of work, Victoria enjoys playing tennis, volleyball, and board games. She was a former Thunder Bay Scrabble Champion and continues to play yearly in the Thunder Bay Literacy Group Scrabble tournament. She has a passion for word games and loves sharing her tips, tricks, and cheat sheets in Scrabble.
- Member, Nanabijou Toastmasters Club (Present)
- Scrabble Competitor, Thunder Bay Literacy Group Annual Fundraiser (2005-Present)
- Board Member, Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF), Thunder Bay
- Former Member, Lakehead Law Table Talkers (2016-2018)
- Juris Doctor, Bora Laskin Faculty of Law, 2018
- HBA, Political Science Pre-law, Lakehead University, 2014
- Called to the Bar in 2019
- Joined Weilers in 2018
Direct Line: (807) 625-8867
Fax: (807) 623-4947